Saturday, March 7, 2009

Ottawa-Guelph trip

Feb 16th, 09

so on Monday the 16th I was in Ottawa for my third day thinking I'd leave the next morning by bus or train. Before going out with friends I looked into transportation. After finding that the bus would take 8 hours to get me to Guelph and the train was over $100 I looked into rideshares. I found one on the University of Ottawa site to Toronto for just $30 that left in under 3 hours and I took it. 2 of my remaining hours were spent with 3 high school friends making a music video to the tune of a Sum 41 song. Little thought was put into it but it was good fun gathering random footage and a great way to finish my stay.
I hoped in the rideshare car with what turned out to be 2 guys who also attend Guelph and some U Ottawa girl. I ended up in the front with leg room, they were all friendly and talkative, without being too talkative, and we were listening to a funny mix CD with everything from "What is love?" to "bad boys" to some Ace of Base song. Not music that I'd listen to on my own but it was entertaining and brought some smiles. Certain that things were going far too well I figured we'd be late for the last bus leaving for Guelph at 9:30 but we arrived in time for Ben(one of the passengers) and I to buy tickets and make a call. Ben is a philosophy major and on the way to Guelph we ended up discussing ideas like creativity and what it means to "create" something. The type of conversation not often had around the TV at my house. Overall it was a refreshingly enjoyable trip from Ottawa.
Two days later I had the pleasure of watching the music video one of my friends had edited and posted on facebook. Especially after having experienced good footage go to waste in the past I was pleasantly surprised by the motivation.

No comments: